These successes have not been entirely ours.It has been a slow and rewarding journey for us as well as the participants who participated in Eureka! . A quick look at some of the most successful ventures that have sprung out of Eureka! over the years.
Eureka! Success Stories:
Presently in its 13th edition, Eureka! has been the stepping stone for more than 40 successful start-ups, some of which have gone on to become multi-million dollar enterprises.
- eInfinitus Technologies: Winners of Eureka 2001, eInfinitus Technologies is a research oriented routing technology venture, founded by alumnus of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of IIT Bombay, India. It received 1.5 crores in their first round of funding from Sicom Ventures and later sold off to Cisco Systems in a deal reported to be in the range of a whopping 45 million dollars. For more information go to http://www.einfinitus.com/News/news8.htm
Gama Entertainment Systems: Winners of Eureka 2007, they received funding of 50,00,000 on the day of the finals itself and since then have had three very successful products.
- Mymage: A very novel photo booth product in partnership with Sega, Japan as well as Licenses from Disney and UTV
- High 5: First ever machine to combine Prize Vending and Ticket Redemption
- Cricket 20-20: India's first 20-20 gaming machine.
- Whizlabs:Winners of Eureka! 2003. It has helped over 300,000 people in getting certified and advancing their careers at a whopping success rate of 99.7%. Whizlabs offerings have been endorsed by many distinguished organizations, such as TheServerside.com, JavaLobby, Certcities, and Wrox publications. Whizlabs today is a global leader in Java Certification Exam preparation. (www.whizlabs.com )
- TheraNova: Winners of Eureka 2002, TheraNova are a biomedical device company. Their products Baranova and NovaShunt have managed to raise Series B funding of $7.5 million and $25 million respectively. A few others have been filed for patents. For more information go to http://www.novashunt.com/ and http://www.roeder-johnson.com/RJDocs/BAallergan1023.html
- GREENWAY GRAMEEN INFRA: Winners of Eureka Social 2011,Greenway Grameen Infra develops innovative solutions for rural consumers based on a unique heat transfer technology..They were also the winners at the 2012 Intel Global Challenge at UC Berkeley & have won numerous other awards as well.For more information go to (http://grameeninfra.blogspot.in/2012)
- Dhama Apparel Innovations Pvt. Ltd: A team that pitched in the Investor’s pitch at E-Summit 2008 got funded through the same investors they pitched to. Dhama Apparel Innovations Pvt. Ltd. provides functional apparel.It was later Recognized as “Top 100 Most Promising Technology Companies” in Asia and “Top 200 Most Promising Technology Companies ” in the Globe by Red Herring, 2009. For more information go to (http://www.dhamainnovations.com)